As you know the technologies are upgrading day-by-day, you people are familiar with the term AI (Artificial Intelligence) but are you guys familiar with its working? And its features, and there are many more things.
- 1 History of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- 2 What is AI (Artificial Intelligence)?
- 3 How AI (Artificial Intelligence) works?
- 4 Natural Intelligence (NI) Vs Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- 6 Uses of Artificial Intelligence in daily life
- 7 Artificial Intelligence home Security System
- 8 Use of AI in Medical Field
- 9 Uses of AI in Banking
- 10 Uses of Artificial Intelligence in Education
- 11 AI in Video Games and Toys
- 12 Future scope in Artificial Intelligence
- 13 Artificial Intelligence Courses in India
- 14 Best Artificial Intelligence Books For Beginners
History of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
History of Artificial Intelligence (AI) began when McCulloch and Walter Pitts proposed a model of artificial neurons in 1943. Marvin Minsky and Dean Edmonds built the first neural network computer called SNARC in 1951. AI was formally developed in a workshop conducted by IBM at Dartmouth College in 1956. Mc Carthy named the term Artificial Intelligence.
What is AI (Artificial Intelligence)?
Artificial intelligence is the intelligence exhibited by machines or software,to make computers be capable of doing things done by a human or development of computer systems able to perform tasks normally requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages. AI research include reasoning, knowledge, planning, learning, natural language processing, perception and the ability to move and manipulate objects.
How AI (Artificial Intelligence) works?
Many intelligent machines and systems use algorithmic techniques loosely based on the human brain. These neural networks can learn to recognize patterns, translate languages, do simple logical reasoning, create images and even come up with ideas.
“All of this happens at blinding speed through a set of coded programs designed to run neural networks with millions of units and billions of connections.”
Natural Intelligence (NI) Vs Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Artificial Intelligence would have a low error rate compared to humans, if coded properly.
- It is very fast compared to humans.
- They won’t be affected by hostile environments, thus able to complete dangerous tasks.
- They can think logically without emotions, making rational decisions with less or no mistakes.
- Easy to monitor and control.
- Reduce the cost and complexity.
- It has higher response quality.
- It leads to large scale unemployment.
- No Original Creativity.
- High Cost: Creation of artificial intelligence requires huge costs as they are very complex machines.
- No Replicating Humans: Intelligence is believed to be a gift of nature.
- No Improvement with Experience.
- The artificially intelligent machines are not able to act any different from what they are programmed to do.
- In case of a breakdown, the cost of repair may be very high.
Uses of Artificial Intelligence in daily life
- Home security.
- Medical field.
- Education system.
- Games and toys.
Artificial Intelligence home Security System
Featuring artificial intelligence, the BuddyGuard ‘FLARE’ is packed with a series of high-tech sensors that allows the unit to identify people thanks to voice and facial recognition.When motion or sound is detected, the BuddyGuard ‘FLARE’ will automatically go to work by identifying if it is indeed an intruder or simply a false alarm from one of the inhabitants.Intelligent, alert and discreet, BuddyGuard’s FLARE® analyzes every sound, image and situation before it takes actions accordingly…
Use of AI in Medical Field
For improving healthcare, artificial intelligence in medicine is a great idea that can advance the patient communication and healthcare professionals.It used to Organize bed schedules , Make a staff rotation , Provide medical information … and there are so many more uses! Artificial Neural Network is used for: Heart Sound analysis , Computer aided interpretation of medical images. ForEg: helps in detection of Tumour, robotic surgeries.
Uses of AI in Banking
Finance Bank use Artificial Intelligence to: Organize Operations, Invest In Stocks, Manage properties Financial Institutions have used AI to detect charges or claims.
Uses of Artificial Intelligence in Education
There are lots of advantages of usage Artificial Intelligence in schools not only for students, but also for the teachers and schools as well. AI can be used to detect weakness and strength of the students, “Smart content” creation, from digitized guides of textbooks to customizable learning digital interfaces…and many more…..
AI in Video Games and Toys
artificial intelligence is used to generate responsive, adaptive or intelligent behaviors primarily in non-player characters (NPCs), similar to human-like intelligence.
They are some AI based games
- Dog from HL2.
- President John Henry Eden.
- The Jacks from Tekken.
- Robo (Chrono Trigger)
- Leela, Tycho and Durandal.
- Mega Man.
Future scope in Artificial Intelligence
- Beyond negotiation, Moore says CMU is betting several other AI areas are going to be hugely important in the near future.
- Self Driving Cars.
- Improved Medical Care & Treatment.
- Open up doors to future explorations.. Etc…..
Artificial Intelligence Courses in India
- University of Hyderabad.
- IIT Bombay.
- IIT Madras.
- IISc Bangalore.
- ISI Kolkata.
Best Artificial Intelligence Books For Beginners